Key Initiatives & Projects on my Near-Term Radar:
Cotton Belt - A Redevelopment to Define a New Frontier
This along with the DART Green Line represents the 21st Century equivalent to the BNSF/Cotton-Belt intersection of over 100 years ago that helped found Carrollton. We have tremendous new investment opportunity to attract business, retail and Transit-Connected housing to Carrollton East-West as we have seen North-South.
PGBT / IH35 Redevelopment - Jobs & Tax Base
Carrollton's first Class-A Office, Corporate Campus and Profile Hotel's will provide a nice Cap to the Historic Downtown Transit Zone in partnership with DART's property and serves as prime example of Redevelopment (once trailer parks, old retail whse and sub-optimized development)
PGBT / Dallas Tollway Development - Bring Jobs & Tax Base
With continued new investment, we should leverage this and paint the picture of what could be - to entice new development
Green Space / "Arbor Hills" -like Development
The TC Rice property behind La Hacienda Ranchero represents a hidden and un-utilized gem for the City to build an Arbor Hills-like network of Bike and Hike trails with limited investment required, and attract Zip-Line, boating, etc.. recreation to the area as a destination.
Corridor Enhancements & Drive Up Appeal
Continue opportunistic Upgrades & Updates working with Private Business Owners to Beautify and Enhance the arterial corridors
- Engage Corporate Adopt-a-Block programs to attract private partnership investment
- Stone Coat the Eddie Man (Pre-Cast, Fake Brick) Walls - These date our community. A Stonecoat facade improvement will provide cost-effective upgrade to the City
The Grapevine Vintage Railroad has license to come 1/2 way to Carrollton and desires to extend their service to our #HistoricDowntown square. Let facilitate work with DART and the Vintage Rail Service to connect Carrollton-Grapevine-Fort Worth Stockyards and augment our "Destination" appeal.
TOD (Transit Oriented District):
- Historic Downtown Area
- Bring the Grapevine Vintage Railroad to Historic Downtown (standalone initiative)
- Leverage Raising of Beltline Road for Walking and Trail Access to areas North to Broadway & College
- Leverage Raising of IH35 for Walking and Trail Access to areas West of Historic Downtown for continued high Density use
- Capitalize on the Cotton-Belt Rail line for East-West Expansion from the Historic Square of the TOD district
- Continue to drive #ExperienceCarrollton Events to encourage residents to Engage in our Community! Be Seen and Often!
- Parking, Parking, Parking...
Trinity Mills TOD
- Paint the Picture for Developers of a Class-A Office Complex at the former Home Depot/Anderson’s Furniture Area
- Expand TOD Vision Document to encompass Redevelopment of the Trinity Mills to Keller Springs and Warehouse District West to Old Denton -- Provide Expanded Reach of the thriving Old Denton/PGBT-190 Retail/Residential Renaissance
Frankford To Hebron
- Leverage Indian Creek Golf Course as the Asset it is to bring further development to the corridor and Redevelopment within warehouse district
- Leverage TC Rice Property (along IH35 north of Frankford) for Natural Destination and Extension of Indian Creek Golf Course
- Historic Downtown Area
Grapevine Vintage Railroad & Historic Desitinations
- Complete the vision of this self-sustaining initiative to bring the Vintage Railroad to Carrollton - Cooridinate with DART Rail
- Launch the “Experience Carrollton” Initiative as the Destination Hub bring together access via Highway/Tollway, Trails, DART and more...
Northern Expansion: Parker / Plano Parkway to NFM
- Continue to Attract Commerical Investment and Jobs to the region
- Complete Annexation of land and establish Planned Development to support Access and high quality residential development
- Work with LISD patner to ensure optimal feeder patterns and access to additional facilities
- Keep pace with Traffic and Congestion through continued leverage of TxDOT and County/Inter-Local Agreements.
#ExperienceCarrollton - Destinations for Home Town Fun and Attract Visitors
- Historic Downtown
- Leverage our Rich History and Historical points of interest throughout the City
- Vintage Railroad
- Vast Parks & Rec Facilities - including Trails, Parks, Ball Fields, Dog Parks, etc...
- Events at core Event Centers throughout the City